If you have paid a deposit at the beginning of your rental, you will receive it back after moving out. This guide explains how:
This article is about long-term rentals. For information on vacation homes look here!
When will the deposit be refunded?
After the agreement has been terminated, the landlord has ten (10) days to approve or reject the refund of the deposit (if no action is taken, we will automatically approve the refund on the 11th day).
If the landlord rejects the refund, a deposit claim will be initiated, and an expert at Blocket Bostad will determine whether the landlord is entitled to compensation or not. The decision will be made based on documentation from both the landlord and the tenant, in the most objective way possible.
Provide your bank account information
Don't forget to provide your bank account details to receive the deposit refund. You can do this through your settings (Note that we do not make any payments to a Swedish bank account specified in international format; IBAN).
Plusgiro and Bankgiro
- When you choose the Plusgiro account type, you need to fill in a clearing number. If you are unsure about your clearing number, there is a list below that designates clearing numbers for Plusgiro. You do not have a clearing number if you have a Bankgiro.
- Then, fill in your Plusgiro or Bankgiro number as it is indicated in your bank, with any hyphens in the account number field.
- The difference between Plusgiro and Bankgiro is not significant. These are two types of payment services where Plusgiro is owned by Nordea and Bankgiro is owned by SEB, Swedbank, Handelsbanken, Nordea, Danske Bank, SkandiaBanken, and Länsförsäkringar Bank together.
- A Swedish bank account number always consists of a clearing number (four digits) and an account number. The number of digits in the account number varies from bank to bank.
- When you fill in your account details, you will be asked to first enter your clearing number and then your account number. It is important to fill them in without extra characters, such as dashes and periods. Also, make sure to separate your clearing number from your account number and fill them in the respective fields.
- The provided account number must belong to a BGC-connected bank.
Examples of how to fill in your bank account number
- Handelsbanken: "5678123456789" where 5678 is the clearing number and 123456789 is the account number.
- Swedbank: "8322-1, 987 654 321-0" where 8322 is the clearing number (remove -1) and 9876543210 is the account number.
Below you can see what applies to your specific bank:
Max numbers in account number
|Bluestep Finans ||9680-9689||7|
|Forex Bank AB||9400-9449||7|
Nordea - Personkonto kontonummer = personnummer
|Nordea - PlusGirot||9500-9549
|Resurs Bank AB||9280-9289||7|
|Santander Consumer Bank AS||9460-9469||7|
Swedbank och fristående Sparbanker
* Some accounts at Swedbank have a fifth number in the clearing number starting with 8 (e.g. 8327-9). The fifth number should not be written.
* For account numbers with fewer digits than 10, we automatically add zeros to make the entire account number always 10 digits long. So, you don't need to worry about it.