To counter fraud attempts, we require verification via BankID to publish a property. Scammers may try to access already verified accounts through phishing messages, aiming to publish fake listings and deceive tenants for money. You can protect yourself from these fraudulent attempts and keep your login credentials secure.
- What are phishing emails and texts?
- How did a scammer get hold of my contact information?
- If your account has been compromised
- How can I reactivate a suspended account?
What are phishing emails and texts?
Phishing messages are deceptive attempts made by scammers to make you believe you are logging into your user account on a website similar to blocket.se. In reality, you end up providing your login credentials to someone else.
Identify a phishing message:
- Have you received an email or text regarding double billing, refunds, or similar issues? We would never ask you to log in to receive payments (think about it, what's the need for that?).
- Check the email address from which the message was sent. All our information emails are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Always verify the link at the top of the webpage and never provide your login information anywhere other than blocket.se, bostad.blocket.se, or qasa.se.
- We never ask for credit card information except during payment when publishing an ad.
If you are contacted by someone you suspect to be a scammer, always report this to us by reporting the user directly on the website or contacting our support.
How did a scammer get hold of my contact information?
Scammers often disguise themselves as tenants before attempting to take over an account belonging to a landlord. If you receive a contact request from a tenant who directly asks for your contact information, be vigilant.
We always recommend conducting conversations through the chat on Blocket Bostad. This way, you avoid sharing your phone number or email address, thus reducing the risk of receiving phishing messages.
If your account has been compromised
- If you have only clicked on a link in a phishing message but NOT logged in, you have nothing to worry about and do not need to take any action.
- If you logged in after clicking on the link, you MUST change your password for your user account. You can reset your password here.
- If you also provided your credit card details, you MUST immediately block your card. Contact your bank for assistance with this.
- You do not need to file a police report unless you have given away your credit card information.
If someone logs into your account from a new device (different computer/mobile), you will receive an email from Schibsted informing you of the new login. If you receive such an email without logging in on a new device yourself, you should immediately change your password for your user account.
If you have provided credit card information, the first thing you should do is contact your bank and block the card. After that, you should also file a police report. If you have been charged an ad fee that you did not make, your bank can assist you in getting this charge refunded.
How can I reactivate a suspended account?
As soon as we suspect an account has been compromised, we suspend it on Blocket Bostad. This will give you the time to reset the password and limit the potential damage towards unknowing tenants. After changing your password for the account, you can contact our support to have the account reactivated.