Renting out your vacation accommodation has never been easier than now. Advertise for free on Blocket Bostad and relax: we will market your property, insure your rental, and handle all payments. Here's how it works.
- Why Blocket Bostad
- How it works
- What does it cost?
- For how long is a listing live?
- How do I indicate available dates?
- Can I rent out weekly?
- Do I approve tenants?
- When do I get paid?
- Changing the dates for a confirmed booking
- Support through the rental
This article is about vacation rentals. For information on long-term homes look here!
Why Blocket Bostad
We want to make renting vacation accommodations a fair and smooth experience. By renting out through Blocket Bostad, you get the following:
- Free advertising: create an attractive ad for your vacation accommodation and make it visible on Sweden's largest marketplace, completely free of charge!
- Insured rental via Hedvig: by managing your bookings through Blocket Bostad, your rental is insured for extra security (read more about the insurance).
- Secure payments: your tenants can easily pay via Swish, credit card, or bankgiro to us. You will receive the payment after the rental has ended. This creates a sense of security for potential tenants, making them more likely to book the accommodation.
How it works
- Click on Create ad and select the category Vacation rental.
- Answer all the questions in the form carefully, to provide guests with all the important information about your accommodation, including check-in and check-out times, property rules and amenities.
- Don't forget to provide available dates; otherwise, the ad will be hard for interested parties to find.
- Once your listing has been published, potential tenants can send booking requests to you. You have 48 hours to accept a booking request, or it will expire.
- After you accept a booking request, the tenant has 72 hours to pay for the booking. Only when the payment is made, the booking will be confirmed and approved. So, rest assured that if a booking is approved, we have received the payment.
- Hand over the keys to the tenant and relax, knowing that your accommodation is insured, and you will receive your payment immediately after the rental ends.
What does it cost?
It is completely free to advertise and rent out your vacation accommodation on Blocket Bostad. As a landlord, you also get free access to our services, including insurance during the rental, smooth handling of bookings, and support available 7 days a week.
The tenant pays a service fee added to your requested rent. The service fee is shown to the tenant directly in the ad, so they can feel secure about the cost of their accommodation. We do not apply any hidden fees.
For how long is a listing live?
Your ad will remain published as long as you are regularly logged in and have available dates in your calendar. This makes it easy for guests to find available times.
How do I indicate available dates?
You can easily enter your available dates when creating or editing an ad. This is where you specify the rent you are requesting for each date. Your calendar is automatically updated as soon as the dates are booked.
Can I rent out weekly?
Yes, in your calendar, you can choose the minimum number of days you want to rent out. There, you can choose to rent out on a weekly basis only.
Do I approve tenants?
As a landlord, you have full control over pricing, available dates in the calendar, and which tenant gets to rent your vacation accommodation. When a tenant makes a booking request, you have 48 hours to approve the booking.
When do I get paid?
Your tenant will pay the full amount to Blocket Bostad at the time of booking. You will receive the payment after the rental has ended (it may take 1-3 banking days before you see the money in your account). This creates a sense of security for potential tenants, making them more likely to book.
Changing the dates for a confirmed booking
If you and the tenant agree on different dates for an existing booking, you can easily change them through your conversation. The tenant will then receive a booking update that they can accept or decline.
Different fees apply for cancellation depending on how close to the arrival date it is. You choose which cancellation policy to apply from three possible options:
- 100% refund if you cancel more than 60 days before check-in
- 50% refund 30-60 days before
- No refund if the cancellation occurs less than 30 days before check-in
- 100% refund if you cancel more than 30 days before check-in
- 50% refund 14-30 days before
- No refund if the cancellation occurs less than 14 days before check-in
- 100% refund if you cancel more than 14 days before check-in
- 50% refund 7-14 days before
- No refund if the cancellation occurs less than 7 days before check-in
In the ad, you can see who is responsible for cleaning. In the ad, you specify if (1) cleaning is included, (2) an additional cost for cleaning is added, or (3) you are expected to take care of the cleaning before check-out.
Support through the rental
If any issues arise during the rental, first contact the tenant. If the problem cannot be resolved, we offer support every day of the week through our support chat. We usually respond within a few minutes to provide you with quick help.
Rent out your vacation accommodation safely and easily with Blocket Bostad!